South Farm Horse Trials

This here is another photo dump. From a recognized HT a month ago - South Farm. We finished on our dressage score (see previous entry on how getting a 41 feels like winning!)

BUT I will post my fav pics at the top, so you don't have to skim all the way through. I'm so nice like that.

Might I just repeat that 2 years ago, BN was a far-off dream, a dream in which I could trust RedMare and there was NO WAY that could ever happen. Girlfriend liked to stop, spin, and bolt at anything.

Now? Heck, now I'm looking at signing up at Novice at an upcoming Mini-Trials and then, GASP, at a recognized HT.

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

WHO IS THIS HORSE? Look at that first pic, doesn't she look happy?!!!

I have harassed my bestie  AC (ad nauseam) if she's been riding her while I've not been looking. Nope. I'm the only one.

I mean. SERIOUSLY?!!! WHO IS THIS HORSE?!

10 years ago I pulled her off my mom's farm. She was 5 and halter-broke. (6 years ago I had decided as a college-student that nothing would make my heart happier than to breed my mare to the OTTB stud down the road (I was an idiot)). She went to an NH trainer, who got her started in the right direction, but when we were done with him, we had no idea where to go.

8 years ago I worked with a dressage trainer but became discouraged at the lack of progress. I was scared to canter!

6 years ago we did our first hunter pace. We had fun but it was still moderately terrifying.

5 years ago I still spent most of my time begging not to be tossed on the ground. Still scared to canter.

4 years ago I rode her around my current barn's hay field and nearly died of happiness because I didn't fall off.

3 years ago I "found" a trainer through now-bestie AC. "Found" because she was practically tossed in my lap (by AC). We learned we didn't need to zoom. (a trait Dassah still likes to recall when she's unhappy).

2 years ago we went to lots of hunter paces and a BN mini-trial. Dassah showed potential. We spent the winter doing grid-work. Lots of gridwork. We had no idea how important that would be.

1 year ago we did more BN mini-trials, our first recognized, and I think we both started to think, "Hey, is this boring now?" - answer? Yes. Thank you grid-work!

This year? This year I'm looking at Training fences and thinking, "ooooo, girl. we're gonna do those someday."

Honestly, just right now, at this moment, it's all a dream come true.

All time favorite of this show. She looks like she's in beast mode and I'm finally not looking down!

DEM KNEEES!!!!!!

Looking down :( but she looks good. 

I might be looking up?!! Again, RedMare is a rockstar. 











RedMare says - snoooore. 
Last fence. We are both drenched in sweat. AND SHE WAS STILL PULLING.

HEAD OF THE LAKE HERE WE COME!

And through the finish flags. 



AND NOW, our dopey pics. 
Me: soooo close to the end
Dassah's STILL not slowing down. 

me: I'm dyyyyyyyyying.
Dassah: I'm only slowing down because I want to.

Biffed it!

This is what getting left behind looks like....

And it wouldn't be a complete wrap if I didn't post the pre-first-fence pic. This is how we do it. 

Comments

  1. You guys both look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly! I'm honored you visited my blog. #fangirling

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts