Super excitedly totally chill.

Stone Gate Farm Fall Recognized Trials, BN, here I come!

Dassah's eye is s-l-o-w-l-y healing. No gross pic because I apparently cannot take one picture in the the past two weeks of my horse. You are welcome. Just pretend it's getting better.

Here's kitty pic instead.

Awwww, he's so cute. He was protesting the light I had on while I was texting reading. 

What better way to celebrate than to sign up for your first recognized trials ever?! As riders/eventers, I think we can all agree that makes perfect sense.

In a completely serendipitous moment prior to signing up, I snagged a pair of Tredstep Michaelangelo field boots on eBay for a song and *cue angels singing* they fit me like they were custom made. I have had my search going for two years, if not more, and FINALLY I hit the jackpot. When you've got skinny ankles and skinny calves (although my thighs more than make up for that) and giant ogre feet (how a 5'3" girl gets size 9 feet, I will never know), finding boots is a nightmare. Oof. Anyway, trust me they are beautiful. And I may have toyed with the notion of entering Stone Gate after trying them on for the first time. Shallow? Perhaps. Emboldened? Totally.

OF COURSE I immediately bought a pair of white breeches and a new show shirt. My navy show jacket still fits. I think. It'll be fine. It still buttons.

Confession: I have two bridles and only one of them do I use. And I use it for everything. It'll clean up fine, the judge won't care. For dressage I'll borrow an old one I cleaned up for AC. Why I don't have a dedicated bridle for dressage in my own tack inventory is beyond me. I just don't care I guess.

Everything else should be good. Just need to brush up on my braiding skillz.

Another kitty pic because honestly, he's so cute. 

We've been hitting the dressage hard, I would love to get into the 30s with her - it's the whole separation anxiety from being torn away from her lover that makes dressage a nightmare. FOR THE LOVE OF 20M CIRCLES EVERYWHERE, JUST PLEASE BEND AND LISTEN TO MY LEG.

The maps were released and with the ditch in the middle of our course, we've been schooling the ditch at home ad nauseam. This past week we hit a milestone - no leaping over it! Sweet baby Jesus. She took it just like another stride, no theatrics. Because we haven't been schooling ditches for four years........

Ok. That's all to report for now.

oh. Did I mention I ALSO have a wedding that Saturday? No? I've requested an early time slot for dressage and sj so I can race two hours away (thanks to my lovely sister who is driving us) to go to a wedding and then come back the next morning. Fingers crossed it works out.

Can you tell I'm excited about this?

Because dogs are hilarious




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts